Hello! I hope you all are staying warm and dry this winter season. If you’ve seen the news, you know that winter has been especially brutal in Boston. I’ve almost fallen into ten foot snow piles multiple times. A kind stranger even helped hold me up to prevent a wipeout. With an additional two feet of snow expected this weekend, we are all wishing for the warm, sunny days of summer. This morning, I decided to make a drink that would transport me to the beach with one sip.
Refreshing watermelon mixes perfectly with brightness from freshly squeezed lime juice and a hint of sweetness from honey. Add seltzer water for the ultimate finishing touch.
Honey Lime Watermelon Fizz
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, diced into cubes
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup seltzer water (I used cranberry lime seltzer)
1. Dice fresh watermelon into cubes (or you can buy watermelon already cubed). Add the watermelon to the blender.
2. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the blender.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of honey to the blender. You can add more or less depending on how much sweetness you prefer.
4. Blend until the watermelon is fully pureed.
5. Pour the mixture into a glass and add seltzer water to your taste. I added about 1 cup!
Note: I used an immersion blender for this recipe. One of my Christmas presents was this KitchenAid beauty that comes with a blending jar (among other things)!
The drink may naturally separate, like this:
Just take a spoon and mix it together again if this is bothersome to you.
Quick, easy, refreshing, and healthy. Close your eyes and imagine that spring and summer sunshine!